We are looking for a few good volunteers! Volunteers receive a $20 Fleet Feet Voucher and the race tee! Sign up to volunteer here!
Join us on the trails this summer as we take on the only trail built by runners for runners! The Rocks and Roots Trail Runners Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to building and maintaining trails in Central Ohio. Get dirty with us!
What: Half Marathon & 10K Trail Race
Where: The Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek (Squatch Start)
When: Sunday, August 7th, 2022 at 8:00 am
- $40 through May 30th
- $45 June 1st-June30
- $50 July 1st-July 31st
- $60 August 1st-Race Day
Please note: The Hoot Half Marathon and 10K Trail Race has a NO REFUND and NO BIB TRANSFER policy for all events.
Join us for the 7th Annual The Hoot Half Marathon and 10K Trail Race at the Rocks and Roots Trail at Alum Creek! Come on out and check out the one and only trail built by and for trail runners in Central Ohio!
What do you get?
- 10K or Half Marathon Trail Race
- Event Shirt
- Finisher’s Medal
Packet pickup will be held at Fleet Feet Sports in Lewis Center before the event on Friday, August 5th through Saturday, August 6th during normal business hours.
Race day packet pickup will beginning at 7am at the race site at Alum Creek State Park.
The Course: Course layout is subject to change
The start of the race is located just off of Hollenback Rd and just south of the dog park(3993 Hollenback Rd Lewis Center, OH 43035). Watch for Fleet Feet arrows pointing you in the right direction!
- 10Kers, you will be running north loop clockwise. Click here for a .gpx download and interactive course map.
- Half Marathoners…
- You will be running north loop first clockwise.
- Then counterclockwise on south loop.
- UPON NEARING COMPLETION OF SOUTH LOOP starting around 12.5 miles (as measured by RnR) follow arrows for short lolly pop loop that will ensure you get the full 13.1 distance! (Your GPS may vary!)
- Click here for a .gpx download and interactive course map.
|Elevation Gain:||381 ft|
|Elevation Loss:||367 ft|
Need help training?
Fleet Feet Sport’s Trail Crew is geared to the newer trail runner. The program is geared to train new trail runners for the The Hoot Half Marathon and 10K Trail Race.
Results & Photos:
2020 – No event due to COVID-19